Sunday, November 22, 2009

internet competency

Mightybook.com
http://www.mightybook.com/

This site is geared for helping children in the primary age group to enjoy reading.
There are different categories of activities, such as stories written by kids, art/music and puzzle page. To find this website, I type in library websites as my search query. Using Yahoo as my search engine, one of the results brought up was best websites for K-12. Since, I am a first grade teacher and I hope to be a primary level librarian someday, this caught my attention. This specific webpage listed different websites for math, reading and language arts, science and social studies. One of the topics under reading and language arts was Internet Public Library(Reading).
This listed different topic areas as well as resources. One of the resources listed was Mightybook.com. I feel that this could be a great resource for parents, grandparents and teachers. There were even activities for children as young as two.

No comments:

Post a Comment